• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are all lithium m/b batteries created equal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

Are all lithium m/b batteries created equal? And other AI7 woes :(

I am guessing the battery in my AI7 is crap. Last 2 days I have had to reset the bios after turning on the system, it has all gone back to default, cpu checksum, etc, etc. I had an old KK266 board in the closet. The battery "looks" the same size. I tested with my multi and it still registers current in it. I wonder if it would work? Are these batteries such that you can just pickup anywhere? I have never had to replace one before.

Last edited:
They must be as it seems to be working. The board kept crashing and on every restart I had to reset evrything . Then I could not even get into Windows, error was a missing system file. After hours of trying different ways to try and get the Raid array to load, finally gave up and started on a complete reinstall AFTER replaceing the battery. Then I couldn't even get the new array to format so I could do the reinstall Finally found the culprit. The retaining piece on the bottom SATA connector on the M/B is missing and the connector worked just loose enough to give a file error but was still connected enough to show the drive still there. Now couple all this with the fact that the NB fan is making strange noises and has to be replaced plus the fact that the mosfets don't seem to like the Prescott and want to run at 60c under load. Add all this together and I am not so sure I like this AI7 anymore. Why di the Max3's have to be so expensive.
At least when I checked this morning the bios had retained the settings. Maybe this battery will work.

[edit]
Found a Max3 for an amount I am willing to pay. I should have just sold the Prescott to Deathstar. This project IS getting expen$ive.

Last edited:
Back