• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What DIMM's do YOU use on a Max3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Don K

Has anyone experienced huge differences in memory OC's, when switching between Dual Channel setup in DIMM's 1+3 vs. 2+4?

Reason I ask is, I've taken a serious FSB hit, switching from 2+4 to 1+3 (plus OCZ Booster).

Before blaming the Booster, I'd like a little info on the subject, if you guys please?

I tried with 2x256 Kingston's, but I didn't notice any difference. Have you done VTT Tracking mod to your board? If you're not there's no use about OCZ Booster.

I am currently using the 1+3. Switched to 2+4 once, but couldnt notice a difference, its still a bad FSB overclocker, most likely because of the ram. using 2x512mb ddr500 corsair

Zebbo said:
I tried with 2x256 Kingston's, but I didn't notice any difference. Have you done VTT Tracking mod to your board? If you're not there's no use about OCZ Booster.

Its Madcat1968 VTT modded (and the mod is operational)

My exact problem was, I ran my 2*512 BH-5 at 230 FSB at 3,2 Vdimm, with no errors in Memtest86+ (Without the booster, in Dimms 2+4)

When I switched DIMMS's and added the Booster to DIMM4, suddenly i get 700+ errors at 210 FSB?!

I haven't had time to fiddle thorouhgly with the setup yet, but just wanted to exclude possibilities, before digging in...

Seems like, theres no real difference between DIMM configurations (according to your experiences)

Wonder, what'll happen, if i use DIMM1 (my personal choice, but it wont fit with memory in DIMM2), and run the memory in single channel...

Don K said:
Has anyone experienced huge differences in memory OC's, when switching between Dual Channel setup in DIMM's 1+3 vs. 2+4?

Reason I ask is, I've taken a serious FSB hit, switching from 2+4 to 1+3 (plus OCZ Booster).

Before blaming the Booster, I'd like a little info on the subject, if you guys please?
It is not consistant, but there are some mobos that get different results in 1~3 then 2~4. I have Madcat's vtt fix installed. My OCZ runs like a champ in 1~3 but won't OC worth a d*mn in 2~4. But my Corsair love 2~4 and hate 1~3. There have been ppl without the VTT fix that got different result with 2~4 trending to OC better.

I switch once for 1,3 to 2,4 becasue when it was in slot 1,3 it didn't want to boot, memory issue, otherwise the preformance was the same

Back