• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am I using the wrong coolant...Heavy Foam

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seaborn

I am getting heavy foam. I have never used coolant b4 so is that what causes it. Or am I using something that I shouldnt. Its called Zerex Max Life Coolant. Thanks for any input. Foam is like in a draft beer. Only worse.
MVC-347S.jpg

man, that is bad foaming. I don't have any foaming at all with toyota antifreeze (red color). If you like blue color, lots of people praise antifreeze from VW dealers called Pentosin.

I had hella bad foam the first time i threw the coolant in. Actually, i mixed the coolant and water long before it went into my system, and kept it in the fridge until i had my system set up. i let the system run for 24 hours, and the foaming dissipated to a normal level.

I say just let it run for a while.

Totally normal... coolant and additives will do that, let the system run for a few hours, it will dissipate.

HeHe, don't use the Pink Non-Toxic stuff, even after 6 days its still making foam it probably would have kept doing that if I didn't change to the toxic stuff.

Archer36 said:
HeHe, don't use the Pink Non-Toxic stuff, even after 6 days its still making foam it probably would have kept doing that if I didn't change to the toxic stuff.

I am starting to wonder because i am still foaming, I am going to drain and go for a different coolant. I have some purple Zerex and some Yellow Prestone to try.

No aluminium this time black death made me shy away from that hard.

Sorry if I missed the construction or I dont understand the pic but shouldnt that thing be the opposite way? So the barbs are both at the bottom? Shouldnt atleast the outlet be at the bottom? Sorry if there already is and I just cant see it at the bottom of the pic...
Or is their a a tube going from one of those barbs to the bottom of the res?
Else if the inlet and the outlet right at the top of the res wouldnt that cause crazying foaming??

eoe, you had the black death, now foaming, and a bad spill. You arent very lucky, are you?
it looks like air got into your pump and was foamified....let it sit so it goes down, then add more water

Back