• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

interesting similarity of storm and cyclone blocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, if it makes you feel any better, that site is at least 3 years old, and the cyclone 2 is quite old;)

Also, I dont think cathar has even shown his baseplate nor jet plate for the storm...

What is your assumption based on? the hosebarb locations?

Senater_Cache: its been the other way around in the past.

Jon

It looks vaguely similar from the outside being that it's a solid metal block with two barbs attached to it. But in that regard, the Dtek WhiteWater is a ripoff of the Cyclone too.

But seriously, I don't think it would even out perform a Maze4 it's so old.

They both have 2 barbs on a black box and they're from the Aussies. That's about all there is in similarity. One is an old design from a commerical company, and the other is the leading edge technology research in watercooling. Cathar is only sellling his to cover his costs, and to help out a few hobbists.

no one's seen the insides of the storm blocks (except cathar and his buddies)

i highly doubt it looks like this though (especially considering it has jets):
cycloneinner.jpg

what a terrible thread

J said:
Senater_Cache: its been the other way around in the past.
Thanks J, but I know the drill, TDX RBX ...
What I meant when I said "That Cathar ripped off Silverprop??" I meant to portray the high unlikeliness of such an event. I would never expect Cathar to copy people.
I was indirectly calling the thread starter a fool for making such assumptions.
Thanks anyways though J.

SenC.

Senator, the intent, as I see it, of the thread starter was to say that cyclone copied from storm designs. He is wrong, but he wasnt being slanderous.

This guy has posted this thread in multiple forums. I'm still struggling to understand why. Externally the Storm block looks somewhat similar to a number of blocks, but only as much as those blocks look like each other as well.

What's the point this guy is trying to make?

Despite posting it absolutely everywhere, he has yet to return to any of his threads to make a followup comment.

Last edited:
Cathar said:
This guy has posted this thread ing multiple forums. I'll still struggling to understand why. Externally the Storm block looks somewhat similar to a number of blocks, but only as much as those blocks look like each other as well.

What's the point this guy is trying to make?

Despite posting it absolutely everywhere, he has yet to return to any of his threads to make a followup comment.

A bad attempt to goad you or someone with a G4 to release a pic of the internals? That's the only thing I can think of...

Senater_Cache said:
I was indirectly calling the thread starter a fool for making such assumptions.
Thanks anyways though J.

SenC.

Please REREAD the first sentence. Dyslexia oftentimes is a processing problem. Have you been checked?

secretweapon said:
A bad attempt to goad you or someone with a G4 to release a pic of the internals? That's the only thing I can think of...

Indeed, you are the only one who saw this post for what it really is, to find out what the storm looks like inside. No negative connotations or implications intended.

Cathar said:
This points him as being a Troll. As such he should be ignored and this thread closed after a quick return-to-reality-rebuttal (by you, Cathar or anyone else)...

Senater_Cache said:
having you see the inside wont really benefit anybody, so just wait and stop hasseling Cathar.

SenC.

*edited for content...my apologies go out to everyone*

I am rather new (as you can deduce from my naive first post-indeed, I did not even know the cyclone was three years old). I am not hassling anyone.Just wondering what the insides of the storm look like. The thought came to me when i ran across that page and so i posted it. Cathar has been genuine and helpful to everyone in his posts and I hope he continues to do so. When surfing sometimes the stream of concoiusness takes over. I will be more circumspect before posting. Might I suggest in future you consider that a new voice can sometimes contribute fresh ideas as well as commit gaffes. :thup:

Back