• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recording software for Guitars

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HellSpawn

Registered
I have a question for you people here on OCForums, is there a software program that would beable to the sound effects for my guitar when i plug it into my computer? Then I wouldnt have to spend bookoo bucks on equipment. Thank for your help.

heh heh....My SB LIVE card came with this thing that was pretty neat that let me adjust voices to make songs sung by a male sound female and vice versa, then it had some really cool synthesizer sounds on it, so I plugged my Strat into the input on the card and it made my machine into a funky FX pedal......fun.......I imagine you could probably download the software from creative, I do not remember at all what it was called, I do however remember that it has to stay resident in the taskbar at all times, that's why I ditched it.

would i still have to buy a thing for my guitar to plug into then through usb? ive seen a few of those.

Cakewalk Guitar tracks is something you can start with & for now you should try to plug in using the headphone-out or speaker simulation-out from your effects, combination floor kit or rackmount, to the line-in of your soundcard. That should limit the cost & get you started with learning the basics.

Where would i be able to find cakewalk guitar tracks? where would i be able to download it from? and which store would i be able to find it at?

Back