• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internet Explorer problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

galador

On my Win XP, when my pc comes out of hibernation my IE will not connect to my home page ( MSN.com). It only gives me a " the page cannot be displayed" screen. I then restart my pc and all is good till the next hibernation. What is up with that and any clue how to fix it?

It's possible the Hibernation file may be corrupt, and needs to be deleted and re-created. Open your Control Panel and select Power Options | Hibernate | Uncheck the box next to "Enable Hibernation", and click "Apply". Next, perform a Disk Cleanup...Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Disk Cleanup. Afterward, reboot your computer (this will delete your existing hibernation file) | Go back and enable Hibernation, reboot twice more (you need to reboot twice because XP needs to take a consistent snapshot of your system profile)...and you'll have a new Hibernation File.

Last edited:
Back