• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4p800-E deluxe help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhoeniXXX

Registered
i just realized that my ram has been running at 266mhz and not 400 all this time owning the PC. i changed it and that of course threw off my overclocked stability, well slight stability. i need help on some suggested setting to get my 2.8 at like 3.0-3.3ghz. im having trouble doing it now with ram set at 400. thanks in advance

What are you using for cooling and what are your temps, cuz a 2.8 northwood should be able to go abit higher on that board. You said that you changed it, what did you change? did you put the ram at like 110% or whatver the options are..what did you jack up to get the instability, as it fsb? But yeah if you raised the speed of the ddr, you will probably need to jack up the voltage a bit. Let us know more as far as your fsb settings, what your vcore is at, what your temps are etc..

my memory is at 2.65v CPU 1.575v i think and AGP at 1.6v
my FSB is stock right now (just like everything else is pretty much) at 200. i had it overclocked before at 3.3 which is fine for me, i dont want the max, just to be in the 3.0s

up the ram voltage I have mine at 2.85 seemed to help out some, but I have ocz 3200 rev 2 plat. but should still do the same.

Last edited:
Max out the Vdimm (2.85V), & loosen the memory timings to wide open (3-4-4-8). If that don't get you to your desired FSB running 1:1, you have three choices:

- Live w/it - BTW, your highest OC (3.3) using 5:4 [320MHz], and your mem set to its tightest timings, *MIGHT* be a better alternative to running stock FSB using 1:1 [400Hz]. I'd venture to change *might* to *most likely*!

- Vdimm mod the board (and hope it gets you there).

- Buy better RAM (I recommend something based on the new Samsung TCCD chips; i.e Corsair 3200XL, etc).

It's gonna' take some trial & error, along w/benchmarking. Work the various combos, while paying close attention to each combo's results (benchmarks).

A 2.8 @ 3.3 (236FSB) can be a reasonably nice performing machine if, you have good memory, 1:1, at tight timings. The memory mentioned above will get you around 5650 - 5700 buffered in Sandra, when running at 236 FSB, using stock Vdimm, & w/the Asus i865 'Psuedo PAT' function enabled.

HTH

GL

Strat

Last edited:
i actually just realized that 400 means 1:1, i was slow to learn that, i had the PC running at 3.36 auto-OC'd by my board, but then it restarted while was playing war3. the benchmarks for it while running at that speed was awesome. 3:2 is fine with me

Back