• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

this set up ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rhino56

i wanted to draw a pic of it but dont have the skills. lol

i will start at the point of flow and go forward from there.

pump of course, then into a 120mm rad that will be submerged in 2 to 3 gallons liquid, (thats the chiller) then to the vid card, then to a floppy res, ( so i can see that it has juice) then to a small 80mm single fan rad, then to the pump.
this is only for the vid card. i want to be able to just run the 80mm fan radiator for everyday use, but then when im heavy use or benching i can turn on the chiller.

do you see any problems with this setup?

You may wish to go Pump>80mm>120mm>GPU>res>
That way the coldest water will hit the GPU when the chiller is running.

This must be for the truly awesome rig in your sig! :D I had a similar setup on my Commodore Vic 20. Kept the two screws for attaching the "rabbit" ears nice-n-cool!

hafa said:
You may wish to go Pump>80mm>120mm>GPU>res>
That way the coldest water will hit the GPU when the chiller is running.

This must be for the truly awesome rig in your sig! :D I had a similar setup on my Commodore Vic 20. Kept the two screws for attaching the "rabbit" ears nice-n-cool!
is that just for the everyday running that it would be cooler without the chiller?
its for a 9800 pro that hits 480 on air.

i think you would have best results using the chiller as a resevoir. it would also simplify things, you can just submerge the pump (assuming it's ok with that) having an unrestricted inlet.

crimedog said:
i think you would have best results using the chiller as a resevoir. it would also simplify things, you can just submerge the pump (assuming it's ok with that) having an unrestricted inlet.
that was my plan originally but then it wouldnt really be a sealed system without air in it. i wont be able to completely air tight the cooler ill be using for the chiller. so the gpu block and floppy res would drain downhill to the big reservoir when the system wasnt on.
not that it would be a serious issue to just turn the pump on then the system
but it would be possible to have an air pocket trapped in the gpu. probably a slim chance of it but that was my reasoning as to why i wanted it sealed.

Why not leave it on 24/7? Your pump will last longer that way.

Also, if you're using a chiller, don't get a bay res. You'll get condensation.

Back