• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to Overclocking - Timings Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stuartg40

Registered
Hi all,
Right, my rig is as follows: XP2800+ CPU, 74GB Raptor HDD, 512MB Corsair XMS PC3200 CAS2 DDR RAM, Radeon 9600XT GFX and an Abit NF7-S Mobo. My question is this: I am having problems getting the machine to boot on "turbo" ram timings. Can't remember what these are off the top of my head. I thought the RAM I had would be able to support fairly quick timings which is why I bought it. I have the FSB currently set at 200MHz and the Multiplier at 11. This means the CPU is overclocked by something like 50MHz - not a lot, as I believe the standard for a 2800+ CPU is 2150MHz. Does the FSB I have it at mean that the RAM cannot support the faster timings or something? I'm really not all that clued up on it all, so if someone could give me a recommended setup for this rig with timings and fsb etc, that would be great.

Thanks all,

Stu.

So called TURBO is the worst thing you can do if you ask me.
set your timmings your self. and just lowwer them 1 at a time and memtest it if its all stable lower it again so on and so on.

I'm not 100% sure what kind og xms3200 you have but I would try 2-3-3-11 first, then If thats stable, then I'd try 2-2-2-11. Why the 11 you ask? Well the nforce2 chipset seems to perform best with Tras set to 11.

Back