• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Copper/Tubing Hybrid (Pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

schmide

A few months ago I started this.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=326279

After mucho testing I realized it needed some redesign. I decided to go with a hybrid tube/copper system.

I got the more equipment a month ago.

Winchester 3500+
MSI K8N Neo2
2x Ballistix 3200 512
evga 6800gt
Antec Truepower 480 (Replaced with an Ultra X Connect 500)
RDX Water block
Maze 4 Chipset block
Nvidia 6800 Water Block
120mm Xtreme Radiator
SilenX 120mm fans
Bunch o other crap.

Well I had a problem with the Neo2 and after switching the motherboard and ram it ended up being solved by the new PSU. So I ran it for about a month under stock cooling and it was more than sufficient. Then again I spent 300+ on watercooling crap so I better put it together sooner or later.

Enough Reading ON TO THE PICS…

incase1.jpg
incase2.jpg
incase3.jpg

Still leak testing, yes I’ve had a few, but it seems solid now. I may start late today or sometime tomorrow.

Solder little "fins" onto the copper? its worth a try kind of like a tube-rad. also the whole thing in copper,or inbetween blocks to help cooldown would be sick also

but thats tight

There are 2 fans you can't see.

fandiagram.jpg

There is plenty of airflow through that upper radiator.

I can't say the copper does anything other than stay rigid. The original design was pure copper, but I decided the vibrations and installation would be too much.

Back