• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU Blocks, your thoughts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

2Busy

It appears if I wish to maintain an all out effort to keep all non copper products out of my loop, with the exception of pvc hose and barbs, I will need to go with one of the sliverprop gpu blocks. Or, is there another block out here that is all copper? I have tried to find comparisons of the Swifty GPU, the Maze 4 GPU, and the SilverProp as well, but have had no luck. Can someone point me to some comparisons on these, or give me first hand performance knowledge?

Silverprop fusionHL, copper and brass, which for the sake of corrosion, is as safe as all copper. You mentioned that (silverprop), why are you down on brass? I've got a fusionHL in my loop and a whitewater and chevette heatercore and no more than 10% antifreeze. It's been that way for almost a year now with no ill affects. For a block top, brass is great.

GPU Blocks

=ACID RAIN= said:
Silverprop fusionHL, copper and brass, which for the sake of corrosion, is as safe as all copper. You mentioned that (silverprop), why are you down on brass? I've got a fusionHL in my loop and a whitewater and chevette heatercore and no more than 10% antifreeze. It's been that way for almost a year now with no ill affects. For a block top, brass is great.

I must not have made myself clear. I apologize. I am not down on copper brass combination. I was wondering if there was anything else out here beside the FusionSL that was in the non aluminum category. I was also looking for performance testing on the 3 blocks mentioned, as well as any other gpu blocks out here. I currently have a early model polarflo for the gpu, but it is not in the loop yet, as I really have an aversion to the aluminum top, anodized or not.

Swiftech is another option for all copper. I personally use the Silverprop HL and very happy with the results. As far as a comparision I haven't seen one and don't think there would be much difference. What I did like about the Silverprop was it doesn't restrict the rest of the system like some other blocks would appear to by design.

Edit: Guess I should add that my HL dropped my 6800GT temps from a high/load temp of 60-62c to a full load temp of 40-42c. That was also uping the OC from 433 to 455.

I'm pretty sure the silverprops are the only mainstream ones. You could mod a CPU block onto the GPU if you wanted, but thats too much work for not too much of a preformance increase IMO. I have a FusionHL and its great, dropped my 6800 ultra from 75*C Idle to 39*C...Yeah, thats a whopping 36*C drop! So go with the silverprop, you will be very happy with the results. Not only is it possibly the best preforming gpu block out there, but it also has no aluminum, so no corrosion as well. As long as you dont have aluminum in your CPU block that is...

An annodized aluminum top and the right additives and you'll be fine... Heck bare aluminum and good coolant and you'll be good.

Not me...

jamesavery22 said:
An annodized aluminum top and the right additives and you'll be fine... Heck bare aluminum and good coolant and you'll be good.

I dont want to run the risk. I was just wondering the performance of the Silverprop, guess I will go that way. Nice looking block, sounds like it performs extremely well as well.

Back