• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Forums Sidebar

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

su root

Senior Member, --, I teach people how to read your
For the longest time I have been using bookmarks to surf around the forum.. I found it a lot easier and faster than using the forum's navigational tools. This works well on any of my systems (thanks to Firefox's Bookmark Synchronizer Plugin), but works horribly on other systems.

That got me to wondering how the rest of you travelled around, and that you guys must be slave to the forum's navigational system too.

So I built myself a tool that would help me get around a little faster: The OC Forums Sidebar.

You can get it here

Just click the link, and then open the bookmark it creates.

Known issues: Does not play well with TabBrowser Extensions (it is forced open in a tab instead of a sidebar) -- Fixed: If you go into the Tabbrowser Extensions Config, into "Use Tab / Bookmarks" and set Bookmarks Loading into Current tab, it loads into a sidebar.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
That is awesome suroot! However, in version 2 I have a request - list the subforums in there like INTEL CPU's and WATER COOLING etc. Great litle proggie!

nikhsub1 said:
That is awesome suroot! However, in version 2 I have a request - list the subforums in there like INTEL CPU's and WATER COOLING etc. Great litle proggie!
That's an idea :) I'll get working on that after I finish family stuff today.

Xenocide said:
damn he did it already :D does this load off your personal site or something?
Yeah, but it's small so it won't cause much load. Unfortunately, it can't do live lookups (like the number of unread posts) or per-person customizations.

I just put in the sub-forums (and the sub-sub forums). I have plans to move the search, and add a user search (as opposed to a keyword search)

Holy crap. Beautiful.
I may have to just run with this now instead of my regular OCForums sticky.

Hopefully all the forum features still work?

Updated version is out, thanks to several people's input there are a bunch of changes.

-> Had one incorrect link now fixed
-> Had several "category headings" that didn't go anywhere useful, those links are now disabled
-> Now have a better search, including keyword and/or user search
-> A few more graphics and modified CSS to make it look a little closer to the forum's look
-> Forum Rules category for links to rules

This will probably be the final form for it, give or take, unless any major bugs/glitches come up. This looks fine in my browser (firefox 1.0 @ 1152x768).. none of the links are multi-line, the title and search box stay solid even when the list is expanded and the scrollbar is added.

Back