• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why do some website have stubit filetypes?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adrian nelson

why do some websites have stubit filetypes?

- warning abit of a rant ahead -
i was at the tyan website drooling over a quad-operion mobo,
and i diside to download a pic of it, and its a .tif file and 2megs.
why cant we all live with .jpg's and maybe .bmp

and mpg, avi for movies.
how many times has this happened to you:
oh they have a video, download, sorry you dont have "stubit you have to pay for movie player" or real player or weve made this site so you cant download the clip at all. i dont/wont pay for players ie real or quicktime

i have 4 movie players on my comp (divx, dose almost everything, bsplayer dose all avis, vlc with dose dvds, windows media player witch dose nothing but lock up or try to play dvds and cant) and still i cant play some site videos bah

-rant end-

oh btw divx + klite codec full package = plays everything ever
its like 3 megs of codecs

Last edited:
http://video.eyecannon.com/laundromat.avi

^^ see if you can play that :p

Oh, and I use Media player classic for virtually everything except music - WMP10's only advantage is that you can have an instantaneous playlist.

And I also have virtually every codec known to man on this computer, so it's highly unlikely that I will meet a file I can't play.

played fine in zoom player - i use zp to play real player and quicktime files without having to have their crappy programs installed :)

The whole video codec thing REALLY bothers me (like **@#$#@$#(@%!@#)$*)

I'm not sure whose idea it was, but I hate that guy.
Quicktime is free, but totally not needed, a lack of standards slows the whole world down.

Decided
stupid

That, and i hate when people online want to send you a picture. and its in some WEIRD file type that i have never heard of before!

and you have to have some really stupid program to view it, which you have to pay for. ARGGG. so retarded.

god i would LOVE to have a good standard for Video's, Music, and Pictures!

first thing is first, GET RID OF QUICKTIME, AND REALPLAYER!

Next, get rid of WMV, and WMA's. god i hate WMA's, and WMV's.

and i could keep going...but i'll end it here.

I only have one media player on my computer, never fool with codecs, and that video played fine in my browser.

Back