• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Verizon Fiber.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SK8

Anyone have this avalible in there area or in use atm. Reason for being is that verizon just announced that its installing the 15mb service in my area and im soo damn pumped for it!!!!

AFAIK they are laying some fiber cables around my area, but I already have 10Mbps for $45 so I don't think it's worth the hassle to switch after all I doubt I'll ever notice the difference.

The prices ain't half bad, about same as Cable.
Maximum Connection Speed
Installation Charge
Monthly Fee

Up to 5 Mbps/2 Mbps*
Waived
$39.95/mo

Up to 15 Mbps/2 Mbps*
Waived
$49.95/mo

Up to 30 Mbps/5 Mbps*
Waived
$199.95/mo

SK8 said:
And inresponse to this newsbreak comcrap is rasing the 3mb / 192kbit service to , 4mbit / 192kbit.
http://news.com.com/Comcast+raises+broadband+speed/2100-1034_3-5537306.html?tag=nefd.top said:
As previously reported, the nation's largest cable and broadband provider's current download speed of up to 3mbps (megabits per second) will jump to 4mbps. Upload rates of 256kbps (kilobits per second) will reach 384kbps, the company said. Customers of Comcast's more expensive 4mbps service will see a 50 percent increase to 6mbps downstream and 768kbps upstream.

So it's going up to 4/384 and 6/768.

I just dumped a 4000/512 due to them bieng rude to me. Boy, I need another provider in my area, and I know there is fiber lees than 100 away from my door. DSL is 100 feet to far also. I should start trenching now.... On were oh were is Verision... when I need them... oh were, oh were: do i go...
I sure need to spend my money on my connection not parts.

Back