• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best ram for me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quick

Registered
i have a msi k8n neo2 plat ultra mobo with a64 winchester 3000+ overclocked to 2.1ghz. right now i have 2x256 of corsair xms PC3200-LLPT ram that runs at 2-2-2-5-T1 easily. i think my system needs 1gig so i wanna get another 512 but i really don't feel like trying to sell my current sticks and try to do 2x512 so is there a way to keep dual channel by using the 2x256 in one channel and a 512 in another channel? also what ram do you recommend for this setup? i heard the tccd stuff is good but is that for a nforce3/a64 setup? i don't want to spend a ton of money, prolly ~$100 for a 512 stick. what would match up well with my current setup? thanks.

To my knowledge it's impossible to run dual channel with more than two sticks of memory. However, for about $110 per 512MB stick you can get 1GB of Patriot TCCD that would work well in your system.

with a 3000+ i'd highly recommend you get TCCD, you need the high fsb to get a decent OC running 1:1, 2x512 pdp tccd goes for 220$ shipped, maybe a little cheaper

Back