• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memtest fails in dual mode ( corsair + asus A8V )

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pinkpig

Registered
hello...

i have a asus a8v deluxe motherboard and Corsair cmx512-3200xl twinx pack. So im running it in dual mode. I have it inserted into the Dimm_a1 an dimm_b1 (the blue slots) this is what the manual says. Running with two Ram chips in i get errors when i run memtest. After like 2 minutes running the "moving inv, 8 bit pattern, cached" test it would fail. BUT when i test each individual ram out for like 8 minutes 1 whole complete pass of the different tests that it does it runs fine, no errors. I did this with both ram and it seems fine. I put it in Dimm_B1 slot.
anyone have similar problems to this before?

thanks
laura

Try the following:

Set VDimm to 2.8V and operate at stock CPU settings.

1.Run memtest at stock settings with one module at a time for a period > 14 hours. See which module spits out errors and how many errors it produces.

2. Retest in dual channel mode to see if the errors produed are the same as the ones you got earlier.

I'm trying to get you to burn in the modules and retest. Sometimes errors may go away if you do that.

If it doesn't, RMA the modules. The RAMGuy over at the house of help forums is the official Corsair Rep. He's pretty helpful.

Hope this helps!

S.N.

where do i go to change the vdimm voltage?? i looked in the manual at the bios options and i dont see anything saying vDimm

thanks

Back