• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KHX3200A, safe vdimm?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamesavery22

I read about a few people running their CH-5 at 3.1-3.2v. I was running 3 4 4 8 at 233 and it wasnt rock stable at 2.9v. I ran 3.1 for a few min but thought it was too high. But from what I read 3.2 is ok? Even recommended? Id like to buy some TCCD but I dont have the cash right now =\ I just want lowest timings I can get and stability at 233.

What does 3.1-3.2v do for you? Some CH-5 allows you to OC much higher with higher vdimm, like 240 2-2-2-11 with 3.2v, but some doesn't do anything, so it depends on your ram. First thing is to try tighter timings.

I think you are wasting your time running it at 3-4-4-8. Winbond has never run well at higher latencies. In some cases, it overclocks HIGHER with tighter timings. Try like 2.5-3-3-x and see if that is stable. 3-4-4-8 will most likely not get you any higher fsb.

-Collin-

cetoole said:
What does 3.1-3.2v do for you? Some CH-5 allows you to OC much higher with higher vdimm, like 240 2-2-2-11 with 3.2v, but some doesn't do anything, so it depends on your ram. First thing is to try tighter timings.

Didnt mess with the OC at 3.1. It ran but I read the vdimm and just immediately turned it down. I'll try 3.2 and just try tigher timings. At 2.9 its crappy at 2-3-3-6 at 200mhz.

Yeah, 3.2 did nothing different =( Guess my ch5 just sucks. Stuck at 200mhz at 2 3 3 6. Been buying way too much crap and I wanna finish my big h2o setup so no tccd for me =(

jamesavery22 said:
Yeah, 3.2 did nothing different =( Guess my ch5 just sucks. Stuck at 200mhz at 2 3 3 6. Been buying way too much crap and I wanna finish my big h2o setup so no tccd for me =(
No TCCD for you ever then I guess.

My corsair CH-5s did 230fsb with 2-3-2-6 1T timings flawlessly at 2.7 volts. However this kingston set with CH-5 I got has to run 2.5-3-3-8 2t at 200 fsb so its luck of the draw really. Either that or corsair is way better than kingston when it comes to that.

Back