• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rig freezing for a moment when loading progs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Hi mates!
Well I've put this rig of mine together just a month ago and I'm very happy with it, but there are 2 things killing me.
1. Loading some games will make the rig/mouse freeze for a little while... Games like EVE-Online, Dark Age of Camelot. Even some other programs like Nero...

2. If I play in windowed mode as soon as some tool-tip gets upp resolution in my windowed game gets crazy and goes down to like 640x480 and I can see only part of the normal pictiure in my window (always upper right part)

I've tried different Nvidia Video card drivers but to no avail for problem nr2. Nr1 I have latest Nvidia Nforce drivers and all WinXP SP2.

Rig is:

A64 3200 Winnie
K8N Neo2
6800GT
Gig of OCZ rev2 PC3200 RAM

Any ideas guys?

Do a chdsk on your hard drive to check for bad sectors.

Then defragment it. And depending on what HD you have, WD, Seagate, Maxtor, go to their website and download a HD diagnostic tool. Use the tool and check your HD.

Check those out and post back results.

So you think it might be a HD problem :( Worked perfectly in last rig... But will check this as soon as I get home!
Thank you for your time!

Back