• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's your motivation?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cerberus2k7

Drifto Mexicano
Weather it's mountain biking, computers, running, weight lifting, snowboarding; just whatever it is in life that you enjoy and find challenging. What is your motivation to improve on your skill; to be the best of the best out there. What do you guys use to keep yourself going when you start to hear the famous words "No I can't"?

Weight lifting has become a pretty big part of me, and even though I got a slow start, once I got going and learning about health and my body, it was a lot easier to get going. And I was tired of being labled as "fat" and being part of the already huge american statistic. So I decided to actually do something about it and started going to the gym and running. Im no longer going because I want to make myself thin; but because i'm actually enjoying myself now. I enjoy the challenge of trying to push the most weights or run the quickest mile.

What's your stories?

i started running recently and its been fun!
i feel better about myself and i know im doing somthing healthy and worthwhile. plus it gives me time to think...
dont worry no treadmills for me i hate those peices of motorized ****!
i run in feilds and feel the cool spring like breeze blowing through my hair...so fun...

When ever I am in school and I think about procrastinating or saying a B is good enough I think back to a job I worked at for years and tell myself I want better. I did yard work in Georgia and one day it hit me, I thought to myself "This sucks!" Digging post holes in Georgia clay has got to be the biggest PITA job. Not to mention the fact I have shoveled almost every kind of **** known to man. I did much better in school after that epiphany and everytime I need encouragement I think of that and say "I don't want to go back there!"

Weightlifting daily is new past time for me, it gives me more energy and I feel great about myself, plus the ladies like the muscles. I also enjoy target shooting, both pistol and long range high powered rifle, it requires alot of practice and just when you think your a good shot someone comes along and shows you up which keeps you motivated to get better. Most importantly having only 5 classes left before I get my degree in Computer Engineering has me motivated to graduate and start making some decent money (gotta buy that C6 Z06!!). I also have a rather extensive collection of famous quotations, I find that they keep me motivated and people love reading them.

Snowboarding
Mountain Biking
Computers
Gaming
Sports

All challenging, all stuff I like to improve on. I don't need motivation to get better, I "Just Do It *thumbs up for nike theme*"

I don't really want to be the best of the best at anything. Ticks off too many people. I just settle for being above average at a lot of things. Too much out there for me to learn about to fixate on one or two things. But, that's just me.

you need motivation..

Go to Jail and when you get out... Things look A HELL of a lot different!!!! :bang head

I guarantee you WILL NOT want to go back, and you will do everything not to!

Your life will be changed forver...

Also near death helps motivate....... ALOT!!!! Another life changing experience!

Been there....Done both..................

I am a competitive cyclist at the Cat 2 level, probably doesn't mean anything to 99.9999% of the population but it enables me to strive for something and stay healthy. But in the end, my real motivation is this....
02-20-2005-055_std.jpg

...also the reasons why I FOLD....

My motivation is eventually I'll be done with this and get to do something fun. Like Overclocking, playing guitar, and something that takes away from the other stuff spending time with my girlfriend.

No, no cancer or something... they're my kids and I FOLD with the notion in mind that the research can help cure something they might otherwise get later in life.... like cancer.

I absolutely abhor the word can't being directed at me. I don't have to be the best at things (most times ;) ) but I refuse to accept limitations that haven't been proven to me yet. And I work very hard to prove most of them are just an illusion.

DWolf:cool:

PS: Just had a thought...they say that those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. What happens if teaching is what you can't do?????

Back