• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking memory problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wc_old_school

i have asus a8v deluxe, amd64 3200 939, memeory ocz platinum pc3200 2x256mb
features:
ULN Technology: (U)ltra (L)ow (N)oise shielded PCB
Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty
512MB(256MB x 2 modules) kit
Based on OCZ brand EL DDR IC (4.5 ns)
CL 2-3-2-5 1T
200 (400) MHz*
Optimized for dual channel operation
JEDEC voltage compliant ( 2.6 volt support )
184 Pin Dimm
Unbuffered
i can overclock to cl 3.0, fsb of 240 and boot up and run benchmarks but cant play video games for long until it freezes or blue screen. i have even set the limit to ddr333 and fsb to 245 and everything was fine but i dont want that setting. i dont know what any of these settings mean or do in my bios for memory such as trc, trfc, trcd, twr, trwt, tras, trp, trp, twcl, asynclat, read preamble setting, 2t command. if someone told wich each one meant i probably wouldnt remember it or even know how to use them lol, so if someone could give the short version and already know how to set the timings i would greatly appriciate it thanks, im not sure what reision it is here is the link where i bought it athttp://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=140712

Last edited:
Back