• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange NF7-S / TCCD compatibility issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sparky__H

Strange NF7-S / TCCD compatibility issue?

Hi guys

I’ve been trolling this forum for a while now but this is the first time I have had a problem I haven’t been able to solve simply by reading other posts.

I recently bought 1Gb Corsair XMS3200XL Pro for my gaming rig, which I have no doubt you know ships with the Sammy TCCD chips but for some unfathomable reason refuses to work with my NF7-S v2.X. It’s not the board as far as I can tell as any non-TCCD chip ram runs at the PRO [email protected] (using OCZ PC3500 to test) speeds without issue. Memtest shows no errors what so ever which is confusing the hell out of me.

Mystery deepens in that I have another NF7-S which is a revision 2.1-2 (black dimm sockets, plastic arm and a 2.X,1.0 marker in CPZ on which the ram runs like a golden dream. Turns out the NF7-S v2.X might be a highbred as it has the metal arm and violet ram sockets but green PATA ports?

Has there been previous instances of TCCD chips not working with the bodge job boards ABIT been producing the last year?

Prime is fine using the Small FFT and Large FFT but fails miserably at the bled test, truth be told it doesn’t even initialise as cpu load hovers about 3%. From what I have read this is pointing at the ram rather then the motherboard as the cause of the problem (or the boards incompatibility with said ram)

Board is over-volting and I watch that temps never get over 45@load so the more common reasons can’t be the reason.

I’m at the end of my rope I don’t know what else to try… any ideas?

p.s. Spec in sig

Last edited:
I've not been able to gather any information from ABIT or Corsair so it looks like the RMA route. :eh?:

I had my 2x512 OCZ Plat. Rev 2 (TCCD)on my nf7-s and it produced memtest errors at 200mhz 2-2-2-11 timings and even at 2.5-3-3-11. The nforce 2 chipset has problems with 512mb modules. Neither of my motherboards with nf2 chipsets work well with 512 modules. However, I put the OCZ Plat. Rev 2 in my ic7 and they worked flawlessly.

You can try a bios with cpc off, but you will get lower bandwidth with it.

Prime is fine using the Small FFT and Large FFT but fails miserably at the bled test, truth be told it doesn’t even initialise as cpu load hovers about 3%. From what I have read this is pointing at the ram rather then the motherboard as the cause of the problem (or the boards incompatibility with said ram)

The problem with the default blend test is it tries to schedule too much RAM, so it doesn't get it. Click on the Blend test circle, then click on the custom, and modify it to like 700MB or so. This should allow the Blend test to work as it should.

How doesn't it work specificlly, or is it the Blend test crashes it?

Cheers forthe reply :)

How doesn't it work specificlly, or is it the Blend test crashes it?

Prime never properly initiates it just pages out, fills ram then prime hangs with the cpu never going above 3%.

Right i'll try a custom blend late, thanks.

Still does not work with D27, starting to think the board is faulity rarther then the ram.

Just run Super-Pi 16M and 32M without problem, Futuremark 2001se + 2003 run without problems...

This is getting strange...

Back