• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
not much, those are jjust run of the mill stuff. ive had those before and is just good mem, but a DOWNGRADE in comparison to 2-2-2 @ 250. for that matter what WOULD you change that for? dont liek the high volts? and if thats the case go for the currently cheap ocz plat rev. 2's @ $199 to get high performance @ high HTT.

but still wondering why the change and to reiterate you are not lookin at top OCZ stuff there. it goes performance -> gold -> plat

Reason i wanted the switch was because of the voltages (needing extra cooling = to much noise), and i know most OCZ ram is very overclockable. Even though its rated at PC3200 speeds usually OCZ stuff can hit 250mhz +.

About what clocks would you say i could expect out of them? Anything near 250??

EDIT: I don't expect an upgrade, more of a sidegrade (if that is a word lol) but with less voltages. I don't expect 2-2-2 @ 250 or even close to that... but i don't mind looser timings like 2-3-3 @ 245-250 with less voltages (under 3v)

Last edited:
bump! any of the ram experts know which chips are on these things? My guess is CH5 that'll do 240-250ish...

yea man, i mena its the same choice i was faced with myself. at the time the tccds were still very much over $200 + i coudlnt be sure what my processor could get to etc etc so i went with the bh-5's, but what i did is to purchase a XP-90 at the same time and a very nice 120 mm fan. now half of the fan + HS hangs over my ram cooling it every nicely very quietly so it worked out for me. anyhoo i know what you mean tho cuz i want my box quiet and it was doing well so far so i did not want to introducde extra heat.
regardless, for what you want as your sidegrade (this word does exist in the realm of computer purchases) those exceptionally priced ocz rev.2 TCCD sticks would be perfect. do it homie.

blah i might just suck it up and get a set of TCCD instead. With my venice being delieved this tuesday i am sure i can hit those crazy FSB 1:1 speeds pretty good.

i cant get mine to even do 220 stable at stock timeings, i know im doing everything right, im lucky to be at 210 right now, since i added this second stick, i get random blue screens, not sure if its because im useing 2x 512s and an nforce 2 or not, im still pretty green in this area, but my first impressions of ocz arent the greatst yet, well see... i might take them back and exchange them for a matched set, since i bought these stix one month apart from each other.. heck i just got a blue screen an hour ago at default clox for the ram, and on an amd it defaults to 2.5-3-3-6, heres what i have, its almost the same as the ones your looking at http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr_pc_3200_rev_3
but ive read some guys on an a64 were hitting 250 fsb with my stix.. mebe its my psu :shrug: its a 400 watt icute that came with my case, im hopeing thats what my problem is. :bang head

stang if you get tccd, get good tccd. i have tccd, its crap, but it was 80 bucks. im probably gonna get some of that OCZ performance pc3200, that does ddr400 at 2-3-3-6. i dont know though, cause i need to save for newark or wcing.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
stang if you get tccd, get good tccd. i have tccd, its crap, but it was 80 bucks. im probably gonna get some of that OCZ performance pc3200, that does ddr400 at 2-3-3-6. i dont know though, cause i need to save for newark or wcing.
dude, thats the exact same stuff im running as we speak

what can you get your TCCD up to CCUABIDE? Also those OCZ tccd for $200 sound mighty tempting!

my tcd sucks, it hates doing anything, ive tried getting it to boot at 278 1:1 and it spits out errors in memtest like no tommarow. i think the highest ive gotten it is like running 289 with a 5:6 divider, which was like ddr480 speeds. its real crap. but i get to 2.5ghz with it, so i cant really hate it.

Back