• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4x4GB DDR3 Overclock on AM3+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sologuy

Hi,
As you can see from this screenshot after purchasing these sticks online, I wanted to be sure it was stable at its XMP settings first before moving on to higher OC.
404Coverage_StockCPU_16GB-2133CL11_2600HT - Copy.JPG

My aim with this kit is to get them stable at 2400MHz, so I took an 'educated' guess as to what primary timings will work with this kit after viewing similar speed rated kits & noting what timings they were using for 2400MHz speeds. To get it stable @ 2400 CL11 I'm using 11-12-12-38 @ 1.66v (allowing for mobo Vdimm droop so as to 1.65v) & in test 6 I get 2 errors from memterst86, raising the CL to 12 still results in these errors. So I'm asking for help & or advice as to what timings &/or voltages will be needed to achieve this. Keeping in mind auto is set on everything in bios excerpt Vdimm atm. I was thinking does the NB need a boost in voltages or will the auto settings take this into account considering that within the Asus bios using D.O.C.P there is a 2400MHz option for DRAM speed. Thanks in advance! :)

So testing further today, managed to get past test 6 with no errors by raising NB voltage to 1.225v. I didn't want to go here cause' of heat issues (numbers turn to violet above 1.20v in bios) but if that's what it takes for 2400MHz stable with 16GB then so be it. On another note, surprised it takes so long to do just one pass compared to Zen 4 systems today.. lol.. :LOL:

Test no.9 in MT86 v10.6 gives errors, I've raised voltages & getting awefully close to the max the bios can supply to the NB. There is also a NB 1.8v rail - but not sure what to put this on. I've put the NB & HTT frequencies on auto for the time being.
So anyway, I've wound back the OC to 2233MHz & it passed in windows with MTP for 400+C with the setting I had 11-12-11-34 @ 1.665v set bios. I understand this 4x4GB kit is XMP - so happy to them who run them on an Intel rig. With AMD its a different world however....

Back