• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows explorer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raedon

Registered
for some reason windows explorer "experiences an inconvience and has to close", everytime i open the my music folder

does anyone know how to resolve this issue

any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

try switching to 'classic folder view' (tools/folder options/tasks)

maybe try deleting the desktop.ini from that folder (it is hidden)

:shrug: i've not come accross that one before.

i have an dell
2.8 Intel HT
512 RAM
120 GB hard drive
and i have SP1 installed

the size of the my music folder is 6.56 GB, 836 files audio and video files

I think the size of your music folder at over 6.5GB might possibly be the cause of Windows Explorer crashing. Try moving some of the files to a different directory...bring the folder size down to about 2 or 3GB, and see if Explorer still crashes.

You could also check the Event Viewer logs, which may be of some help afa troubleshooting...Start | Run | Type eventvwr.msc and click OK | Highlight "Application" and "System" independently in the LH pane | Right click any error message(s) (critical errors are in Red), and select "Properties" | Write down a couple of the latest critical error messages exactly as they appear under the "Description" field, and post them in this thread.

Also, open the System Information tool by typing msinfo32 in the Run box | Expand "Components" | Highlight "Problem Devices", and look for any problems that might be listed there.

Edit: Midnight Dream could very well be right...it could be a file (possibly corrupted) in the folder that's causing the Explorer crashes.

Application
Product: Microsoft Offce XP standard for Students and Teachers-Error 1706. Setup cannot find the required files. Check you connection to the network, or CD-ROM drive. For other potential solutions to this problem, see C:\Program FIles\MIcrosoft Ofiice\Office10\1033\SETUP.HLP.

this is just Word, it tries to install speech recongnition software everytime i run it

Fault bucket 32226362.

Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2800.1106, faulting module lmpgspl.ax, version 4.0.0.83, fault address 0x000119fb.

Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2800.1106, faulting module lmpgspl.ax, version 4.0.0.83, fault address 0x000119fb.
i think its that one, because it keeps repeating

The timeout waiting for the performance data collection function "PerfProc" in the "C:\WINDOWS\System32\perfproc.dll" Library to finish has expired. There may be a problem with this extensible counter or the service it is collecting data from or the system may have been very busy when this call was attempted.

there are some more, some just programs that crashed, and more of the explorer.exe message

System

The server {520CCA63-51A5-11D3-9144-00104BA11C5E} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

in the Problem Devices only a USB video capture showed up, but thats working now

again, thanks

Do you happen to have Roxio Easy CD Creator installed? If so, you may want to try either uninstalling it or updating to the latest version.

Back