• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Synology NAS help Please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BruceUSA

Man, I am at a total lost right now. I follow a Youtube video tutorial on installing my Synolog NAS. Got everything ok, create a storage pool and create a Share folder. I follow the tutorial along try to map the share folder to my local computer. Then he said go to Synology Assistant to map that folder. I could not find synology assistant in the package center or control panel. Then I accidently close out the Download center or some thing. Now I don't have any synology relate item, Package Center, control panel DSM help, file share . What happen to them? aren't this supose to be install on my PC already when I proceed to install DSM? I am confused here. Any one here using Synology NAS, please help me out. Thanks

ok. I downloaded synology assistant and installed. I got A message pop No synology server was found on local network. So what has happened to synology package center?

I went to synology download center, I download DSM 7.2 and I got a weird file name DSM418_69057.pat? when I double click on it. Its open photoshop WTF going?

Last edited:
the nas should auto update to the latest dsm version on its own, should be in control panel then update and restore section or you can click manual update and browse to that pat file. Should be able to map the share folder just by going to this pc and right clicking then adding a network location

the nas should auto update to the latest dsm version on its own, should be in control panel then update and restore section or you can click manual update and browse to that pat file. Should be able to map the share folder just by going to this pc and right clicking then adding a network location
Yeah, the mistake was on my part. Actually when I closed the Synology browser. All I have to do is log on Synology browser again and will see all the installed package. But I did not know that. So, I did factory reset method #2> Reinstall DSM7.2 and keep all my previously configured hard drive intact. I click on install Synoloy and then import the download DSM_DS418_69057.pat file to proceed the install. I am all good now.

Yeah, the mistake was on my part. Actually when I closed the Synology browser. All I have to do is log on Synology browser again and will see all the installed package. But I did not know that. So, I did factory reset method #2> Reinstall DSM7.2 and keep all my previously configured hard drive intact. I click on install Synoloy and then import the download DSM_DS418_69057.pat file to proceed the install. I am all good now.
Glad to hear you got it figured out, what model nas did you get, I have the ds118 which has been working fine of the past few years but I'm wanting something with more power, it's getting long in the tooth with the past years worth of updates.

Back