• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

music downloading software (notp2p or bittorrent)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

strappleberry

music downloading software (nothing illegal)

Hey guys, can you help me find a good service to download songs and full album cds...i was thinking itunes or napster, what would you recommend? thanks for the help in advance.

**EDIT** Please do not mention anything illegal!!!

Last edited:
do you know soulseek by user experience? cause i got ripped off once already by buying a subscription to one of those download things and don't want it to happen again lol...basically i'm looking for software that i can download prety much anything i want, cd's, games, movies - that kind of stuff. Please help me find something legal and fast. Thanks for the help.

You want to download cds, movies, and games legally and fast? That's a tall order, I don't think your going to find one solution that lets you download 'everything'. Anyone offering such a service is probably not letting you do it legally.

I know a few game companies offer there titles for download when you purchase a key, but it's game specific. You'd have to go through the companies website.

As for movies, does anyone even offer that? I know you can rent/buy physcial dvd's online, but you might be SOL if you want to download them directly.

Music is a booming business online. iTunes, Napster, and etc each offer a slightly different package. It really depends what you want to do with the music, and how much music you want. Most online music places will offer a per song/per album price, and also an 'unlimited' monthly plan to use with your ipod/mp3 player. I'm sure other people have more experience with this than I do.

Thanks for all the input guys. Not sure if i made it totaly clear earlier but i meant for this thread to be LEGAL, so please no illegal discussions on what p2p network to get pirated material.
Which music downloading subscription would you recomend, iTunes or Napster? Since those are the main ones out there i guess...
Also, what's a good source to download full games with cd keys and everything, like Bios24 mentioned earlier? Asking for movies was to much to ask for i agree so disregard that idea.

Thanks for all the help guys i really do appreciate it.

Id say go with iTunes. much more reliable.

And you cant download games either if the game mfr doesn't offer the purchasable download of thier games that means anywhere you might get one is not legit 99% of the time. and for movies its 100% of the time.

Back