• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T-line/bleeding question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Patrick_

Registered
Well, my watercooling setup has been running well for a few days now. Idle 27C, Full load 29.5C. I'm very pleased. :)

Now, I have a question though. When the top of my t-line (where I fill) is not plugged, and I turn on the pump, the water in the tube on the top of the t-line falls. When I turn the pump back off, it rises.

Now, when the t is plugged, the water falls only a little bit. My question is, should I plug the T when the pump is on or off? Which do you think will be better?

as it was said before if your done bleeding you can plug it. Don't worry about it pretty much normal

I've never left my T-line open for long-term bleeding. I don't see the need and it just invites coolant spills which are a pain to clean up. I do a pretty good job of tilting the case around to get the major air bubbles out before a final coolant top-off then put the t-line cap on with the pump running.

Last edited:
gungeek said:
then put the t-line cap on with the pump running.

That answers my question, plugging the -line with the pump running. I've already had it capped, but I capped it with the pump off, and was wondering if I should do it otherwise. I thought I should because when the pump is running, more water gets in to the loop, so I should cap it with it running.

Thanks! :)

Patrick_ said:
That answers my question, plugging the -line with the pump running. I've already had it capped, but I capped it with the pump off, and was wondering if I should do it otherwise. I thought I should because when the pump is running, more water gets in to the loop, so I should cap it with it running.

Thanks! :)

I normally put the cap on when the pump is running more out of convenience than anything else. I'm not going to turn off the pump and/or computer just to put a cap on a T-line. It should not make a difference if the pump is on or off. My main concern is preventing a coolant spill. BTDT and the cleanup wasn't fun. I guess keeping the coolant from getting contaminated is a worthy secondary goal.

Back