• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ebay - Advertising in feedback

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foxie3a

Normal Member
I'm just going for a little debate here.

Tonight I received my first feedback with an advertisement in it. They have their website in the feedback given to me. It made me a little mad. I really do not want it there. The company has like 150,000 feedback so I'm sure ebay loves them to death.

I want to hear your thoughts on this. Should advertisements like websites be allowed in feedback?

My answer would be no. I do not want people seeing advertisements in my feedback when I they are deciding if they want to buy my stuff or not. I think that it is very unprofessional.

Your turn. :)

Foxie3a said:
I'm just going for a little debate here.

Tonight I received my first feedback with an advertisement in it. They have their website in the feedback given to me. It made me a little mad. I really do not want it there. The company has like 150,000 feedback so I'm sure ebay loves them to death.

I want to hear your thoughts on this. Should advertisements like websites be allowed in feedback?

My answer would be no. I do not want people seeing advertisements in my feedback when I they are deciding if they want to buy my stuff or not. I think that it is very unprofessional.

Your turn. :)

Can you PM me your Ebay userID or maybe a link to your feedback? I'd like to take a gander at this. Last time I checked this was not allowed at Ebay if directed to a sellers site, if it is the directed towards the Ebayers Ebay store, Ebay does not care.

I don't mind if everyone sees it.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=fox3a&item=-1&frompage=222

It's about 6 down since I got some feedback since. The very top feedback has been editted for language it looks like. Doesn't look very professional either.

Going to the website, they sell audio equipment, which is what I bought from them in the first place. They have 3400 feedback, so they are giving ebay a lot of money, maybe they don't care because of that. Then again, they don't get a percentage of the sales on their own personal website.

Hmm, now that I'm looking closer at all the feedback given to me by the last seller, they are all very unprofessional. It does make him stand out by being unique though, which might help him bring in some business. But looking at his feedback given to others, they are all the same "Good transaction blah blah blah..." I'm the only with this these unique comments. My feedback is getting all mixed up now!

Back