• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which chipset?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vaio

Which chipset would be better for gaming/graphics work? The Intel 955X or the NVidia NForce 4 SLI? I won't necessarily need the SLI option, but I have always liked NVidia chipsets, so it kinda caught my eye. I am looking for stability first, and overclockability second. I am not concerned about the actual mobo ATM, so please just leave it at which one is the better chipset.

Thanks,
Vaio

While the new NF4 chipset for Intel CPUs is showing promise, the Intel chipsets are still the best on the planet. The Asus i955 chipset allows a partial SLI.

I am gonan agree with batboy on this one. I don't have any experience with the Nforce chipset, but these 955x's seem to be really proving themselves! Fromt eh reviews I've been reading and results from others on this forum, the 955x is the way to go.

Now if I could just decide between ABIT and ASUS :)

Back