• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which settings to tweak - turn off/on change - Nvidia Asus tuf GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grdmstr75

Hello, i am trying to assist my son with help on his new GPU that we upgraded from a MSI nvidia 1050ti to ASus Geforce 3070 ti GPU.
we ran DDU uninstall utlity first then installed the new GPU and ran geforce experince install fresh with both drivers and Geforce exp.
everything is working as it should he started to play Apex legends with superior performance.
To note his monitor is a Asus tuf gaming monitor - 144hz tops he pegged out the settings in Apex and it looks awesome

what i am inquirying about is which apps should we install to OC, check temps etc

Msi afterburner? what benchmarking tool is the best? Guru 3d? hardware info?

What settings should we change in the nvidia control panel , turn off anti aliasing?

here are his specs

MB:MSI Z390-A pro MS-7B98
Intel chipset coffee lake - Intel SB Z390
Bios - 1.D0 American megatrends - 01/19/21

Cpu - Intel Core i5 9600k coffee lake , Socket LG1151 LGA
3.7ghz

2 RAM being used corsair DDR4 - 3596 PArt number - CMK32GX4M2D3600C18 dual in slot 2 and 4

GPU - Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 ti Current drivers/ geforce expernience installed

M2 Samsung 500gb C drive

please let me know if need screenshots to assist thanks

You can use gpu tweak from asus.. msi Afterburner too...

Run some 3dmark benchmarks (time spy, fire strike)

As far as setting in NV control panel, I leave most alone. I don't touch AA but change that in the games instead of forcing it through cp.

I use MSI Afterburner for changing clock settings and the fan curve. It is an easy program to get used to for those tasks.

Does your son absolutely need Geforce Experience? If not, get rid of it. Total bloatware IMHO.

That 3070ti should be a really nice performance bump from the 1050ti. :thup:

Back