• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zipzoom double charging my credit card.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hyperasus

Has anyone here had a problem with Zipzoomfly double charging your credit card every time you place an order. They have done it on the last two orders I placed with them and its driving me nuts. I am very careful not to push the back button on my browser after placing an order. When I call zipzoom they can call my bank and get it fixed but they can't tell me why it happened in the first place.

do they charge you double for one item? or do they get order from you for two items and then charge you for two?

It never happened to me with zipzoomfly

They double charge for the complete order. On my online bank statement it shows two charges with the same reference number.

Are you using different billing / Shipping addresses ? When merchants do an address verification check it puts a preauthorization on the account but doesn't actually charge the card (ties up the funds only) and usually disapears on its own within a few days.

My billing and shipping address are the same. You are right about charge dropping off after a few days but it is still a pain in a**. I called zipzoom again and they have no idea what is causing this but they do see that it happened. They told me to call next time I place an order and they will help me over the phone and track it to see what is happening. I place large orders and don't like it when they tie up $800 of my money even if its only for 3 or 4 days. I guess it is one more reason to use newegg. The same thing happened to me about a month and a half ago with Monarch; only monarchs charge didnt drop off and I got double charged for some $320 memory. When I called them up they told me they were only showing one charge. I had to call visa and file a claim to get my money back.

Back