• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firefox

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DuckDodgers

I did some searching but failed to find any real threads on the usablity of Firefox here. This is interesting with the amount of dis-taste there is on this forum for IE. So with that being said, I have been using Firefox for a month or so now. Wow I wished I had switched sooner. It seems like most web site are viewable with it also. I have found no real downfalls yet.

The biggest plus is the tabbing, but I have read that IE is going to tabs in its new version. Anyone else hear that?

Any tips or trick anyone knows and might want to share would be great also.

The biggest plus is the tabbing, but I have read that IE is going to tabs in its new version. Anyone else hear that?

Yes it will happen and unless there is a huge overhall of IE, then it still will be as unsafe as it ever was, and still no reason to go back to it from Firefox

matttaylor said:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=298156

anything and everything you need to know about Firefox.
have a great day.

-matt-

Tweaks like pipelining are fine, but "network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server", "network.http.max-connections-per-server" and others like it should be avioded at all costs. These settings violate the HTTP protocol, which recommends a limit of 2 connections per server. Besides putting a heavy load on the server your additional connections could be blocked thus resulting in very slow page load times, broken images etc. So it is best to leave these settings alone. Just enable pipelining as it actually does help.

Firefox's plugins are fantastic, do a google search and you can find just about anything from weather, time, winamp, email..you name it. The only time I use IE is to do windows updates thats it. Firefox has always loaded every page fine. The new IE from what I hear is going to be very similar to firefox (surprise surprise)

tips? play with some extensions. i use adblock, forecastfox,tabbrowser,spoofstick,IEview and bandwith tester.

some things ive discovered: (minor gripes) firefox does not allways play nice with the mousewheel. it allso ocasionally chokes here on the forums, and you get some corruption and/or slow loads. 80-90% of the time though- its just right.

Firefox is reliable and better in all areas than IE. First thing I ever do when re-installing windows is install Firefox, it's great!

P.S. You can download skins for it, and they are pretty good.

Other than a few problems getting my MX1000 buttons working in FF I love it. The only extension I am currently using is spell check.

I've been using Firefox since it was originally called Phoenix. I love it, and it has only gotten better over time.

The extensions I use are Tabbrowser Extensions, Adblock, Spellbound, Popup Count, and BugMeNot.

Back