• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When is your pump on poll (July-Dec 05)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

When is your pump on?

• All the time, 24/7.

Votes: 31 38.8%
  • Only when the computer is on.

Votes: 49 61.3%
  • Other (please elaborate).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eobard

Give me a break Senior
This poll is one of a series of polls designed to give members the opportunity to see what the membership as a whole have chosen in regards to some of the more common cooling choices. This particular poll is for members to show wether they leave their pump on 24/7 or only when the computer is running. It will also give anyone who feels the need, the opportunity to explain why they have chosen that method and possibly help others decide on what their next pump setup will be. This poll, along with the others will be stuck in the appropriate section and will be open for six months, after which a new poll will be set in place to allow future members to show their choices, current members to list any changes in their choices, and to allow members to track shifts in trends over an extended period.

Having said that, when is your pump on, 24/7, only when the computer is on or other? Yes we can have "other", there has been at least one member here who's pump died and for a period of time had nothing more than convection to get the hot water into the radiator to be cooled down by the fans. If you've got something that fits into the "other" category, by all means let us know what your setup is and how well it works for you.

Again, to start it off, my pump is an eheim 1250 and they're designed to run 24/7. there were a few occasions in the past when I forgot to turn the pump on with the computer so now I let it run 24/7.

I have a mcp-350 that is connected via a molex to my power supply so it's on when my computer is on.

Pump is never off, Even when I shut the comp down (which is real rare) to do some minor maintenance.

Edit: and still trying to have a rational reason to try "other"... Meaning that I am trying to work up the courage to test a water convectiion type cooling Idea I have.

Used to run 24/7. Wife wants to keep the electric bill down, so not it's only on when im using it.

I used to use a relay that turned the pump on when the pc was turned on, but now I run the eheim pump 24/7/365.

Even if my PC is off, the pump still flows. (Then again I rarely if ever turn my pc off)

Hmm, I might do that. I dont want to keep my PC on, but maybe the pump should stay on.

Little Giant submersible fountain pump from Lowe's, modded to run inline. I just epoxied a barb around the intake hole. :p Anyways, it stays on 24/7 because the comp is on 24/7. It gets unplugged every couple weeks when I tear down the computer to try some new ghetto mod.

Back