• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin redline (4000) probs on DFI NF4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thegrouch

ok i finally got around to building my new computer now that i am back at school. Right now its built and im and preparing to install windows 64 bit, and tiger on it soon. But im getting this warning message on my post screen that goes something like this "insert one ddr module in slot 1 for single mode operation, for dual channel insert ddr modules in slots 2 and 4". The post screen and bios indicate that the ram is all there (512*2). Is this warning message something i should be worried about, or is it more of a general pointer.

i have the ram in slots 2 and 4, as indicated by the special insert in my mushkin packaging.

on a side note i want to have my ram working at the specified timings, do i need to set these myself or will the auto setting do this for me.

also is anyone else using there redlines at 3v or above, because mine are getting hella hot. will one 80mm fan be enough to cool these. should i get additional ramsinks.

Hi and welcome to the forums!

It's required to use extra cooling when higher voltages are used with Redline memory modules, direct airflow of 15-25cfm is enough. Almost every 80mm fan can provide airflow I just mentioned.

You need to set timings by yourself, if you want me to give you almost the fastest timings these fellas can do, just let me know and I'll hit 'em here :)

yea dude if u could tell me those timings id be stoked. THe dfi has alot more settings than just 2-2-2-6 1t so if you could specify the settings for the others that would be cool too.

Here are settings that I use. Use it as a starting point. Some of the numbers can be improved depending on your final OC speed. I would start at [email protected] and go up from there testing with Memtest.
tweaker.jpg

Here's something for you

Tcl: 2.0
Trcd: 2
Tras: 6
Trp: 2
Trc: 7
Trfc: 15
Trrd: 0
Twr: 2
Twtr: 1
Trtw: 1
Tref: 1168
Twcl: 1

Max Async Latency: 7-8ns
Read Preamble: 5-6ns
Read Write Queue Bypass: 16x
Bypass Max: 7x

Feed them with 3,3-3,5V and use proper cooling to make them work correctly.

Back