• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin Enhanced Redline DDR4 ECC 3600 16 CL, 1.4V, what to expect?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

QuantumCookie

Registered
So I am putting together an ITX build, for a linux OS (hope this works), with Error Correcting Code (ECC), and as the cpu of choice has an Accelerated Processing Unit (integrated graphics) is the AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 5750G (not overclock'able), I am curious how this perhaps odd choice of ram will perform. I won't be able to test anything for another month or so, as I am waiting for some of the parts to arrive.

Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX mobo
Ryzen 7 Pro 5750G cpu
(locked multiplier)
Mushkin Enhanced Redline ECC 3600 MHz 16-19-19-19-39, 1.4V, (MRC4E360GKKP16GX2), 2 x 16 GB for a total of 32 GB ram.

An ITX build packed into a tiny Inwin Chopin Max case, just 3 liters or so large (200W psu, so ideally max 160W daily use I would think).

Reviews seem to show this is 'downbin' or 'down-bin' ram, but I don't know what that is, other than maybe indicating some tiny lower latency overall (compared to some Micron ram data specs).

So, I was thinking, although I want stability for ram, maybe I could achieve a measly 12.5% overclock, for a total of 4000 MHz on the ram, to try match the infinity fabric for the APU, which runs at 2000 MHz.

I was thinking of air cooling the ram, with triplet of 40mm fans, at some quiet speed.

What confuses me is the 1.4 voltage stat. Sort of makes me worried that this ram won't go much higher than 3600 MHz, when already at 1.4V.
Not many people that have discussed this online, neither for the ram or the Ryzen 7 Pro 5750G cpu.

Attachments

• ryz.JPG
    ryz.JPG
    285.3 KB · Views: 8
Back