• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nero Vs. Easy CD Creator or Other

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I use Nero for burning but I used to use Easy Creator Platinum Edition before mind even thou Nero is better at burning discs. Without causing problems like a failed burn etc Easy CD Creator had the best cover design software. It was miles better to use and you could paste WordArt images into it unlike Nero's you can't.

Which one do you use even it's third party post it here.

Last edited:
Nero is the best out there they did a great job on it and other programs like DVD-Shrink plug into it it saves SO MUCH time.

Personaly i dont use cover things but thats just me for that you can prolly get a program just for that check it out im shure you will find somthing great.

I've had countless number of problems with Nero, mostly it locking my entire computer up and not giving me the disc until I do a cold restart. This was on different versions of Windows, Nero, and different formats, even different discs and burners. Screw that.

I use CopyToDVD, it works fine, it burns discs, what else do I need?

Copytodvd :( ... i used that for a bit but nero plugs into DvD shrink so you can just back your DVD's up strait to the disk and not have to save it to the HD first ect.

syberspy9 said:
Copytodvd :( ... i used that for a bit but nero plugs into DvD shrink so you can just back your DVD's up strait to the disk and not have to save it to the HD first ect.
Doesn't CopyToDVD do the same thing or was it DVD2One that worked with it?

I use Nero to do simple stuff, Alcohol 120% for images (its just faster IMO), and clonedvd/clonecd ;P - Roxio, in my experience was the worst at speed and quality

I've always used DiscJuggler. Very robust yet simple and clean. Supports mulitple drives and much more.

I've got Nero Ultra Edition and the darned thing doesn't even do DVDs without buying another damned $30 plug-in. Screw Nero, it's good for burning data discs but will bleed you dry for other stuff. EZ CD, I'll never use because it installs that crappy piece of software, I forget what it is that makes your discs unreadable in machines that doesn't have EZ CD installed. For Data I use the XP or NEro burning software for movies I use DVD Santa.

Back