• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good hardware sites,

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
toms hardware guide is kinda biased from what I understand but you can check some reviews there too.

Kind of biased? I would seriously delete any mention of tomshardware from all your suggestions.

They're notorious for slandering benchmarks. Not just opinions afterwards but strait up lies and benchmarks done with different settings to turn the favor of whatever they're promoting now.

THG lost all thier respect and has continued to be terrible ever since thier senior writer/reviewer left because of differences between tom and him. If you search around you cna find out more info and specifics, but I wouldn't even goto THG site even if it were the last review place on the net.

Now...for some good review sites:
anandtech, hardocp, and firingsquad...sharkyextreme is pretty decent as well

ajrettke said:
Kind of biased? I would seriously delete any mention of tomshardware from all your suggestions.

They're notorious for slandering benchmarks. Not just opinions afterwards but strait up lies and benchmarks done with different settings to turn the favor of whatever they're promoting now.

THG lost all thier respect and has continued to be terrible ever since thier senior writer/reviewer left because of differences between tom and him. If you search around you cna find out more info and specifics, but I wouldn't even goto THG site even if it were the last review place on the net.

I was unaware of this. I only look at numbers for reviews because 90% of the reviews out there are somewhat biased but if they screw with the numbers as well then I guess I'll stay away. Thanks

another vote for anandtech, I also check out hardOCP

Ill have to check out procooling never heard of them before

One extremely good site for reviews of just hard drives is www.storagereview.com. They don't review anything other than hard drives (and not even all hard drives: at present, just desktop drives), but nowhere else has such comprehensive and thorough hard drive coverage. I always read their reviews before buying a hard drive.

Back