• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black Friday UW Monitor Research

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

I think if I see a good deal on an UW monitor I will get one over Black Friday.

I've seen good reviews on this monitor below, however that doesn't mean it's the best for the money. I'd like to know what owners of this monitor think, and other suggestions are fine too. Use-cases, digital photography, gaming of course (FPS, RTS primarily) Thanks in advance

Alienware AW3423DWF QD-OLED​

My feeling about ultra-wide monitors is that 34" is literally x1.5 of a regular 27". If I wanted something big, I would go for a 16:9 34" or larger. This is just me, but when I was comparing multiple monitors, everything up to 40" UW was meh. I was missing the height.
One more thing. Curved monitors have problems with the backlight and colors (you can clearly see that on the sides and corners). I wouldn't pick any curved monitor for photo editing or other graphics-related stuff. They're good for gaming and nothing else.
I can't recommend any new model as I always have huge problems picking anything good myself. The last one that I bought was MSI 32" 1440p 165hz curved and it's great for gaming but the backlight is pretty average. At least it was cheap.

Yeah, personally, not a big fan of UW monitors... I don't like the curve, lol. I hear (as Woo mentioned) about backlighting issues etc... just not my thing and not good for your uses, it seems.

Appreciate it guys as always. It's a tough call. I love my Dell in my sig file! I need to update my sig w/my new rig!

Back