• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old school OCer looking to upgrade 1070 and monitor (smooth/high fps required)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How do you like the G-Sync compatible and the monitor overall?

I really love the monitor. You can see a noticeable difference in how fluid the screen refreshes when turning and reflex shooting in games. Adaptive v-sync is incredible and no more screen tearing! Comparing my old monitor side by side with the new monitor is a night and day difference.

In regards to color, dark blacks are definitely grey, this is especially apparent when watching TV or movies, but the colors and the screen are still very good and it does not bother me.

In regards to black-light bleed or dead pixels, this monitor from Amazon came perfect! Extremely happy with it.

----

As a side note I de-lidded my 8700k today and applied liquid metal. I also added an additional 150mm fan to my noctua heatsink. Idle temps are 30c, load temps seem stable around 65c and I've achieved over 5ghz finally, still trying to find the max!

Back