• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4p800/dlx + xp120 installation problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

illogical06

I'm having some very irritating troubles getting my xp-120 w/ my new board. B/c of the heat pipes, i can only face the xp-120 w/ the pipes facing towards the ram(capacitors in the way). This presents a major problem being able to reach the snap in thing on the capacitor side. I'm too afraid to bend them because they would probably break. (Note: i have a mid tower case) I was wondering if anybody has had a similar problem. If not, i will post pics later so hopefully i can resolve this matter.

sig is old

ivr mounted it on that board as well, it can seem difficult if you are doing it in a tight fit for your first installation. just clip the back two on (heatpipes bend is the front in this explanation.) push the whole thing down on top of your processor and hold it with one hand. make sure once its down not to let it back up again (so make sure the back two are clipped) . then use your other hands thumbs/screwdriver (hands only installs are best, but screwdriver required for uninstall.) to just snap the front two clips in place as you use your other hand to hold it down.

and yeah the pipes face the ram.

What ^^^^^ said..... I also had that board and the xp-120 and had no trouble installing it, it does go towards the ram. Works awesome toooo!!!

Back