• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just bought a Hyper 212 + questions about Fan placement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Showbe

Registered
My build is...
Motherboard - Asus m5a97
HD - 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM's (from HP 2005)
Ram - Corsair Vengence 8 GB 2x 4 GB sticks
Video Card - 2 GB GTX 550 TI
CPU - AMD Black Edition FX-4100 3.6 GHZ
Power Supply - Corsair 620 Watt PSU
Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper 212 + w/ a really high RPM Corsair Fan for Push/Pull
200 MM Intake Fan on side. Front/Back Intake/Exhaust and 2 Top Exhaust Fans
Case - MSI Nighthawk ATX Mid Tower

The bold is what I have questions about. I installed my new heatsink/fan last week a Hyper 212 + w/ an extra fan so it would be push pull.

I have an exhaust fan that the Hyper 212 + is blowing towards and 2 exhaust fans at the top of my case. They are REALLY close to the Hyper212. Both fans basically are above the hyper212 + and my ram.

My question is would the 2 fans at the top sucking air out interfere with the fans that are cooling the processor down? I remember reading some where if you have too many fans close to each other that blow away it wouldnt be good. Since I have basically the 2 fans on the hyper 212+ and the back exhaust fan all facing 1 way would the 2 top exhaust fans be interefering with the cooling going on there?

Here is the best way I can describe it They area all 120 mm fans btw. Couldnt make a spacer so I put ` as the empty space.
```````````^^^^^^^2xFans^^^^^^^
<Exhaust Fan <Fan|Heatsink|<Fan | | (2 sticks of ram)

Last edited:
All 3 fans meaning the push on the bottom of the 212, another pulling out of the 212 and the case fan above that pulling the air out from the 212 to the room?

No, that would be fine, but if the case fan is weak it could restrict flow if it's less than a 1/2" from the pulling 212 fan. Might think about putting a better fan there.

Back