• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Merging 2 DVDs into 1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGreySpectre

I would like to make a copy of my LOTR extended DVDs w/o any special features and then merge the two discs onto one, so I can have an Extened DVD I can watch without having to switch DVDs half way through the movie.

First off is this legal?
2nd If it is legal how do I do it, I know how to eliminate special features using DVDshrink but how do I merge the 2 DVDs?

That be trickey at least 2 programs that I use won't let you shrink it far enough.

1 program I have limits it to 50% shrink of main movie. It won't let my shrink it any further then that, and don't blame it, anything below 50% seems to really degrade picture quality

Another program I got lets you shink it below 50% if not mistaken but not by much. Your still going to run into problems with it. The video might be small enough but the audio is still in its format which can take 300-600 megs per disk.

I think you'll run into major problems trying to copy it and put it onto one disk, but I know where your coming from with the movie, I hate getting out of the chair half way through the movie.

got a dvd player that plays divx/mp-4? i compressed the same films )LOTR-ext. ver.) FOTR came to 3.16gb@%80 w/ac3, TT came to 3.8 same way. each will fit on a dvd. or if you did it to %75 you could probably get all 3 on one DL disc. this is all in xvid by the way. in my experience, keep it above %70 percent and youll be hard pressed to notice, and probably need some real high end gear to tell the diff. oh, and to join the xvids/divx files just use "avijoin", simple and free.

Buy 1 dual layer disc.

Shrink the 2 to fit onto it.

You won't fit 2 DLs onto 1 SL.

Back