• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5N32-SLI Deluxe ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

screwtech02

So, what are the chances that this board is going to be any better than the C-19 chipset???

I'm kinda curious, the pre-order price is just under $250, and within 4 months most of the C-19 chipset boards have dropped an average of 40-60 bucks... :rolleyes:

The website is really "vague" about naming any of the chipsets on the board.... Smells of more "crap" Intel SLI from Nvidia to me, but i may be wrong....

I stand corrected, it would appear to be a different southbridge chipset... The egg currently has em for $215 shipped, i'll wait for sombody else to try it to see if its any better than the last round from Nvidia....

Last edited:
Well, the egg updated thier site last night, and now it says the southbridge is MCP-04, same old crap, just 16x...... Man, i wish they would get their act together with this Intel SLI stuff.....

Well atleast the a8n32 seems to be doing very well sli/AA. Havent seen any testing on the p5n32 yet however. Ill buy it as soon as it is in stock, last of october or thrid of november my retailer tells me.

Well, Anandtech's review praised it to be the "Best" overclocking/performing Intel SLI board to date... I"m tempted to get one, but after the last round of C-19 crap i am also REALLY leary... They also said it works with the 820 D, with no problems recognizing both cores... But the max fsb they got was 260-270 with the 14 multi i think.... Time will tell....

Well, i got one ordered, we'll see how a "independant" review/overclock of this board goes... I emailed the reviewer from Anandtech, and he sent me some email's with bench's, ect.. All in all, it looks pretty good, you can even change the multi on a 820 to 16.... It's a week or so out, so i will post my finds back here...

screwtech02 said:
Well, i got one ordered, we'll see how a "independant" review/overclock of this board goes... I emailed the reviewer from Anandtech, and he sent me some email's with bench's, ect.. All in all, it looks pretty good, you can even change the multi on a 820 to 16.... It's a week or so out, so i will post my finds back here...

Damn, you guys have it in stock already? This is my dreamboard, considering my circumstances, and Ill have to wait for another 2 weeks, atleast, it seems. Wondering if it would be worth it to get it from the states. Now any online retailers that ship transatlantic?

noac said:
Damn, you guys have it in stock already? This is my dreamboard, considering my circumstances, and Ill have to wait for another 2 weeks, atleast, it seems. Wondering if it would be worth it to get it from the states. Now any online retailers that ship transatlantic?

They are back in stock and Newegg and Zipzoomfly. Just thought you might want to know.

Egg sold out in a day... They also JACKED the price from $215 shipped to $255.... All in a day..... Glad i ordered mine elsewhere for $215, will have it beginning of the week...

My ND2 is really annoying me, I thought we would get SLI on 975x - not so? So no other board I can get that will support SLI?

Well, it's not looking very good from the start... Loaded xp64 ok, went to try a modest overclock at 1000fsb on my 640, booted into windows, lasted only 4-5 sec... Adjusted voltages accordingly, still no stable overclock at 4.0.... Heatpipe bases on the mosfets werent even flat.. Had to bend em a little to get it to touch... I'm gonna fool with it some more tonight after work, may put my 830 in to see if it makes a difference or not.... Board wouldnt even run 980fsb/700 memory.....

Keep us posted, I was going to take the plunge and order one here in the UK, but I decided to wait for 975x to see if Nvidia launch an SLI supporting driver.....the info I have says they will but could be wrong...

screwtech02 said:
Well, it's not looking very good from the start... Loaded xp64 ok, went to try a modest overclock at 1000fsb on my 640, booted into windows, lasted only 4-5 sec... Adjusted voltages accordingly, still no stable overclock at 4.0.... Heatpipe bases on the mosfets werent even flat.. Had to bend em a little to get it to touch... I'm gonna fool with it some more tonight after work, may put my 830 in to see if it makes a difference or not.... Board wouldnt even run 980fsb/700 memory.....

Good to know. If the egg wasn't sold out I probably would have bought this board already. I've got a 640 as well and if you can't hit 4.0 there is no way I'm going with this board.

I've been out of the loop for a while but is there no SLI capable board for lga 775 that doesn't just suck? I'm getting impatient. Must.. buy.. new.. board.. :bang head

No go at 4.0 with the 640.... Put my 830 in and max i get stable is 3.75@250fsb, with a 10:7 ratio?? Only runs the memory at 175.0 hrtz??? What is up with this Nvidia Memory controller stuff??? It just plain SUCKS!!! You cant even choose the ratio to use in the bios, it "automatically" does it for you based on fsb/memory speed.... I've seen a guy post on the ASUS forums that he got his 640 to run 4.0, but i fail to see how...... (unless he had it on a P5WD2, then that i would believe...) :bang head :bang head

OK I have had this board for about a week, I upgraded from a P5WD2 which ran my P-D 820 great at 3.4Ghz. After reading the rave reviews from Anandtech on this new board I went against my intuition and past experience and decided to try out the NF4.

Bottom line is that I can't OC worth crap and my X-Fi Fatal1ty sounds like crap because it has compatibility issues with the X-Fi.
I can't even get 3.0Ghz stable, sometimes it will boot into windows and sometimes it will not.

I have tried everything except swap out the P4D but I really just think this board needs BIOS update bad. I am really close to sending this thing back.

I have a pretty heated thread that I started on the forums at Anandtech that goes over everything I have done so far so feel free to check that out. They don't seem to like Intel too much overthere.

Anyway if anyone has got this running overclocked and running stable with a P4D 820 I would like to hear how you did it. I have been over every BIOS option and heat is not an issue at all, again this was running perfectly stable in my P5WD2 last week. I just switched the chip and board. :bang head

My P5N32 Thread on Anandtech

Here is what is currently in my main system:
Asus P5N32 NForce4 SLI
Intel PentiumD 820 2.8Ghz w/Zalman CNPS9500
2x1GB Geil DDR PC5400 Ultra 667Mhz
XFX GF7800GTX w/ Zalman VF-700
Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty SC
2x74GB Raptors RAID 0
300GB Maxtor SATA
Thermaltake PurePower 560W ATX PS
CoolerMaster case
Klipsch 5.1 Ultra Speakers
Dell 2405FPW 24" LCD 12ms

Well, after consulting with the reviewer on Anandtech, Gary Key, he pointed me in the right direction for this board.. I had a 820 going @3.6 on both cores, but it was really flakey on bench's, so i installed my 830, and currently have it running at 3.8 on bothcores with a 254fsb.. I have 3 gig of ddr2 running @184.9mhz, with a 11:8 ratio, 4-4-4-10 timings. I have been told to get lower latency memory from the get-go, 3-3-3-8/3-2-2-8 timings with low voltages, so you can put volts to it and overclok em to 700-1000mhz... If you get a chance email Gary and ask him for some info, he has been a great help to me....

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=50450

Last edited:
Back