• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shuttle SLi Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1cem4n

I'm going to get another computer in the future and I want something kind of small but still packing performance. Looked at the Shuttles for a while(read 7 months) and after hearing about the nForce4 SLI, I was overjoyed. I was thinking about building one up and then adding a watercooling system on the top(outside and then add a shroud maybe). I am thinking about getting this:

-Shuttle nForce4 SLi(sn26p i think?)
-7800gt
-2gb of OCZ Platinum RAM(I can get this for cheap)
-500gb Hitachi SATA 3 hd
-NEC DVD Burner
-and a good quality switch so i can just switch back and forth or something

cooling-
-Swiftech Storm or the MCW6000
-BIPII w/ panaflo or deltas
-swiftech MCP350

already have a 19inch lcd(samsung syncmaster 930b), keyboard(logitech elite), razer copperhead and a Qck so i'm all set on those. it's late so i don't know if i'm missing anything.

-1cem4n

You do relize that the SLI shuttle isn't actually sli capable it just has an SLI chipset. Im lookign to watrcool a SFF too, check for my thread its on the front page in the watercooling forums

That thing looks freaking sweet. The only problem I can see is a lack of space for airflow, which would lead to lower overclocks, especially for people who don't know how/are too poor to do water cooling. But I would love to be able to take a computer to a LAN party that is smaller than my monitor XD

There are quite a bit of fans inside IMO, and i will probably replace them with higher CFM fans. another thing is that i will put the radiator on top and see if i can mount if flush with the case with a push pull.

-1cem4n

I made a raid 1 500gb hd with 16mb cache, it did a full normal format in less than 30 seconds. So it doesn't take that long. I believe they were hitachi's

Try a low level format. On 500GB, you'll get really bored waiting. Just try not to do a low level format on RAID 0 array containing loads of 500GB's. You might grow a grey beard by the time it gets done. :D

Back