• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 gig BH-5, is there any?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No on the BH-5.. heck, good luck finding original BH-5 at 4x512 matched pairs. as for UTT, i dont think so either but i dont know for sure

No. AFAIK, UTT, B/CH chips do not come in such high densities. The high density chips you see today are not exactly BHx. Bear in mind that Infinion and Winbond have a tech sharing agreement, so one cannot rule out the possibility of a new high density/high voltage chip.

I just plain went with 4x512. I'm probably not going to need more than 2 gigs for a long time. Once I finally do feel the need to move from 2 gigs, it will be DDR2 time.

mhm, whats the best ram that is high voltage like UTT or BH-5 that you can get on the market, and for how much?

And i saw on newegg refurbished Mushkin Redline PC4000, is refurbished ok? coz buying new is kinda expensive

Winbond BH-5 people know has the following part number:

W942508BH-5

The 25-part means the chip capacity is 256Mbits (32Mbytes). Building a 1GB dimm out of these chips is impossible - because of a quite obvious reason. There are no 512MBit chips built by Winbond.

Infineon builds several 512MBit chips that can be used in 1GB sticks but they don't appear to have any relation to Winbond ICs - oc wise, that is.

what largon said, didn't make them in 1 gig. on a plus side, bh5 does have less problems running in 4x512 configuration than some others. i ran it on both of my rigs, get to higher fsb than any other 4x512 configurations. still, 2x1GB of whatever's availiable right now could be easier on the memory controller.

BH5 is not available on the open market anymore; it's only sold by individuals nowadays. UTT is still available, but I don't know what sticks it's on.

JoT said:
BH5 is not available on the open market anymore; it's only sold by individuals nowadays. UTT is still available, but I don't know what sticks it's on.

UTT is going out as well.

Mushkin is no longer using them on their XP Redlines but not sure if OCZ still has them on their Gold VX's.

RedDragonXXX said:
Mushkin is no longer using them on their XP Redlines
Mushkin no longer has any Winbond CH quality UTT left for the XP4000 Redline. AFAIK, OCZ has not really commented upon the availability off Winbond UTT ICs.

aznkc730 said:
i agree. if winbond passed on their knowledge or stayed in the dram market, they would be filthy rich
Not really, most of the BH5 that was produced went into crappy Joe 6-Pack machines. We enthusiasts are a very small market.

Back