• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ5331024ELDCPE-K Lowest Timings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BadThad

I'm trying to determine the lowest timings I can expect from this OCZ memory. I'm running it WAY underclocked at 466MHz. The SPD timings for 533MHz operation are 2.5-3-3-8. Currently, I'm running them at 2-3-3-8 @ 2.7V, but I suspect I can go much lower. According to the chips DB they are: "OCZ EL DDR PC4200 - Hynix D43/Hynix D5".

What timings can I expect to achive at 466MHz with these?

Don't expect tight timings with Hynix chips!

The tightest you'll see is 2.5-3-3, but in your case I don't know how you are pulling 2 CAS. They are designed to run on loose timings with somewhat high freq and that's why they call them Intel chips since they dont' mind loose timings to much unlike AMD's.

If I were you I'd loosen up the timings to 2.5-4-4-8 and see how far can these clocks, cause high freq will make up for the timings.

My CPU won't go any higher, I'm limited to 233 fsb on my 2.6C....it's a crappy 2.6C...and I know how to overclock, so let's not discuss that. :)

My old OCZ PC4000 modules wouldn't do CAS2 no matter what, however, these are running at CAS2 no problems, 48 hours of FaD and about 3 hours of Q4....totally stable. I also ran 6 passes of memtest86, clean. I'll check the part number again tonight, but these don't appear to be "platinum" on the package nor the modules....at least it doesn't say "platinum". If they are TCCD, then someone needs to update the list in the "chips" thread sticky. Also, if TCCD, those will do 2-3-2-8 under most conditions, right?

BadThad said:
My CPU won't go any higher, I'm limited to 233 fsb on my 2.6C....it's a crappy 2.6C...and I know how to overclock, so let's not discuss that. :)

My old OCZ PC4000 modules wouldn't do CAS2 no matter what, however, these are running at CAS2 no problems, 48 hours of FaD and about 3 hours of Q4....totally stable. I also ran 6 passes of memtest86, clean. I'll check the part number again tonight, but these don't appear to be "platinum" on the package nor the modules....at least it doesn't say "platinum". If they are TCCD, then someone needs to update the list in the "chips" thread sticky. Also, if TCCD, those will do 2-3-2-8 under most conditions, right?

depends on what speed you run them at
as far as what chips they are, i wasnt aware that any stix with EL in them were any other than TCCD, unless your were discontinued. especially if platinum.

Rattle said:
depends on what speed you run them at
as far as what chips they are, i wasnt aware that any stix with EL in them were any other than TCCD, unless your were discontinued. especially if platinum.

Like I said....466MHz!

Back