• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM behaving strangely

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dan0512

Well, I'm currently running my rig @ 289x9 (2600Mhz), and I have my RAM set at DDR 333 at the BIOS, and it's running now at 236 Mhz.

I once OCed to 2.7 (300x9), but It locked up on some benchmarks (RAM was still at DDR333 so like 247 Mhz). Here is the strange-

Whenever I set the RAM at DDR333, the computer boots, but when I set it to DDR266 to keep it at rated speeds, it doesn't boot. I have tried setting the HTT multiplier to 3x instead of 4x, played with timings, etc, but to no avail.

Any idea why that's happening?

thx

dan

could it be the timings are changed and set too tight when DDR266 is selected?

what about if you didn't overclock, set HTT to 200, and used DDR266? how does it react then?

Know Nuttin said:
could it be the timings are changed and set too tight when DDR266 is selected?

what about if you didn't overclock, set HTT to 200, and used DDR266? how does it react then?

I can set the HTT to stock, and it does boot when I set it at DDR266. From what I see, none of the timings change when I set it to different speeds.

Dan

I have had that issue with my GeIL PC4000 also. I just assumed it was too slow for the RAM to handle... I hope someone has a good explanation for this :)

Neur0mancer said:
I have had that issue with my GeIL PC4000 also. I just assumed it was too slow for the RAM to handle... I hope someone has a good explanation for this :)

The raise of the HTT would make up for the lost speed.

Dan

Well now, it seems the highest HTT with the DDR266 setting is like 275, anything higher, and the comp. won't boot.

Looks like I'll have to ramp up voltages and timings to hit 2.7ghz @ DDR 333

dan

Back