• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5RD1-V "NTLDR is missing"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

frenzy20

My computer was running EXTREMELY slow. So I tried uninstalling some stuff(had to do it in safe mode), It didn't help any. I decided to reformat it, I was having problems getting it to install the S-ATA drivers to the harddrive during the install. I took a break for a few days, come back and it shows this where it would normally ask me if it should boot from the disk.

I have no idea how to get past this, so I am asking the all-knowing people of the ocforums.

this comes up when windows is curropted(SP) or none existing on the hard drive? make sure windows XP boot is on the master drive. and boot this hardrive only.

Thanks, I might have accidently set the boot priority back to HDD first. I didn't even look after I got the error.

Does anyone know why Windows wouldn't be able to put the S-ATA/Raid drivers on the Hard drive when it loaded them succesfully when I pressed F6? I keep getting the message saying they can't be copied, I tried skipping them, but then windows comes up with a blue screen saying something about a new hard drive.(when it tries to boot).

Back