• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post but hanging!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dougan

So I have a couple threads about these 2 computers, this is the socket 370 p3 I changed mobos now It will post but then hang after that with the post writing still on the screen. I am getting a bit frustrated with this. Anyone offer any advice?

Things ive done|: unplugged everything but monitor, keyboard and mouse. Pulled cmos battery. different ram. pulled ram to see if it would beep and it did. Im just not sure where to look now. Thanks for any advice.

I had this problem with a P3 before, all I done was leave the computer unplugged, took the cmos out, and left it overnight, the next day it worked fine again. I see you have already taken out the cmos, so theres not much more I can help you with, you might want to try leaving it over night!

Scott.

well I have no hard drive or any thing connected to it. It goes "beep" then shows all the stuff ram bios version yada yada. Then it say primary slave this and secondary. At the top right of the screen it shows a picture of the bios, then as soon as it is done with this screen like it wants to goto the next it just freezes with all this information on the screen still. It should at least go to another screen or something right?

Ok need to bump, here is the situation, 4 and 30 on the 1. This pc is my bosses, so its one of those "freebies" fixes. He called and said I tried to turn it on and nothing happened, so I bought a PS. I tried again and smelled something. He took apart the processor to see if it smelled pulled some other crap out. Anyways, I get the pc and i get lights on the mobo but no fans spin up and no post nothing. So I "invest" 25 bucks into another used board. I have never ever had a board post then just stop working. I beg anyone here to help me with this. I do not have a ton of cash to be flowing this project, and I just cant ask my boss to pitch in. I have tried just about everything to get this thing to work, this is an asus tusi - m mobo, p3 733 processor, 256 pc 133 ram. If I pull the ram it beeps like it should, it posts like it should, but it will not go past the post screen, the top right where it says energy conservation and the bottom where it says press delete to enter setup disappear and all that is left is the bios screen with hard drives cdrom 256,000 kb memory. It will not go past this page. I am getting desperate. Ive done hours and hours of research and it seems noone in the whole world has this problem. Thanks again.

Back