• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg And Ups----lets Fix That Crap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

martinjon666

Ok guys, i am fed up with newegg shipping all their stuff through UPS, cause UPS SUCKS!! I just got off the phone with Ozzy at Newegg and he said If we all e-mailed [email protected] and complained about the fact that their best shipping option is through UPS then maybe we could get it changed back to FedEx. So i am calling upon all of you to help me. Take 2 minutes and write an e-mail, Lets show them the power of the consumer! Please post a reply on here when you e-mail them so i can keep an idea of how many people have responded.

Thanks Fishy, let evryone you know about this thread, if newegg won't fix itself then we have to.

Didn't alot of people complain to them that there was no UPS option a while back? I agree ups does suck.

To Whom it May Concern:

Please bring back the fedex select shipping option.
UPS is such a terrible shipping company. Fedex gets
things there on time, they are easy to deal with if
you aren't home, and in every way are a better company
to deal with.

I'm guessing you picked UPS over fedex because of
lower prices on the contract. There is a reason for
that, their support is terrible, they don't care about
their customers, and the reps are down right rude.

Please go back to fedex, or I might have to look else
where for computer parts.

Regards,
Long time newegg.com customer:

z0n3, i don't care if they keep ups on there, i just want their main shipper to be FedEx, i don't want to have to pay twice as much for it, newegg grew up with fedex helping them and then they switched to ups, thats cold, but for those who do like ups lets keep it for them, why can't they have ups and fedex both at cheaper rates, comparable, so WE make the choice?

Thanks son1990, As one our voices are weak and hard to hear but if we all speak about the same thing at the same time, something MUST be done.

Wowzer!!!!! there are some real haters up in here....lmao.....I didnt realize what a cult following FedEx had..... this is good ... ......I guess a lot of people in here have a bad experience with the UPS...as i have not.....but F*** it....ill send one too....= )

email sent.... ( I am a follower )

Damn first thing tomorrow im sending this out to the egg also. I know I paied an extra $15 to ship fedex. I got my package a day early and arrived in the afternoon as usually. Even if it arrived at the latest time 4:00pm. I can still drive home from work which fedex is on the way and pick it up at 4:30pm.

Now UPS you got to wait til they deliver it, and you know you won't be home, well they still got to do first delivery. Then you got to call before a certain time to get the package put off to the side, then you got to go there at some stupid hour of the night to get the package it seems.

Down with UPS, FedEX for The Egg please come back.

WaTTz said:
Wowzer!!!!! there are some real haters up in here....lmao.....I didnt realize what a cult following FedEx had..... this is good ... ......I guess a lot of people in here have a bad experience with the UPS...as i have not.....but F*** it....ill send one too....= )

email sent.... ( I am a follower )

as an example, my friend brett ordered computer parts on wednesday morning from newegg and has them sent here since his apartment complex office staff is a pain to get packages from (and i am assembling his computer anyway). normally with fedex shipping, it would be there friday night. it's monday night and still no packages cause he went with UPS so save a few bucks... too bad for him... fedex is always fast and reliable... nuff said :)

e-mail sent :)

my e-mail to newegg:
------------------------------------------

I noticed that recently on the Newegg.com website, some items are not available for FedEx express saver shipping and now offer UPS shipping instead. I find this change to be horrible in my humble opinion. UPS shipping is quite difficult to work with. They are practically always late on delivering packages and they are much slower than FedEx for the same type service. Most often I am not available at the time the UPS man comes to deliver my packages so then they have to wait for a signature and I have to wait for my packages even longer! FedEx will leave my packages at my request, unlike UPS. This just makes the delay even worse which hurts you. UPS is just like an extension of you because it is the only service that we as customers actually see with our own eyes. I don’t ask that you get rid of UPS, I would just like to be able to have FedEx express shipping available on all items. Please take my request into consideration.

------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Done....sent letter to the Egg.

The local UPS hub had my order from Newegg on Friday, did they deliver it today (Monday)? Nope! I have to wait till tomorrow, now does that make sense?

I have had no problems with either UPS or Fedex. However, I liked that Newegg shipped Fedex because I'd always get my stuff a day earlier than "estimated" delivery. UPS always delivers on delivery day. Either way I don't care because I've never had a late delivery, but I'll miss the day early that Fedex gave me.

UPS here has a habit of getting into a secure building and leaving packages in front of doors. I have seen packages in front of the building. Down by the security entrance. Since you have to be buzzed up, you just can't get in easy. Least there is a camera on the parcel box, if left downstairs. Upstairs, well pictures speak a thousand words.

How they get in I am not sure. Why they just leave boxes in front of door, I don't know.

Is this a good thing?

pict02685dg.jpg

I found out later, the neigbor had no clue the package was there. I asked her about it.

Mail sent.

Back